After looking up a couple of recipes for roasted and baked shrimp, I came up with this simple combination. I like to buy the bags of broccoli from Trader Joe’s that are ready to go. This time I used the combo of cauliflower and broccoli — my two roasted faves!
I served this with Big A and Little D’s favorite pasta, letting them serve themselves with everything place in separate bowls. They still don’t eat much shrimp but seem to be warming up to it. I put some fruit on the table too.
Of course, you can serve with brown rice or any other grain. Add more or less oil, different spices, it’s up to you!
- 12 ounces broccoli, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (the juice of one lemon)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9X13-inch glass pan with cooking spray. Mix broccoli with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place in the pan, sprinkling with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, mix together 1 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl, and set aside. Add the shrimp to the mixture and mix together.
- After the broccoli has been in the oven for 10 minutes, take it out and add the 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese to the broccoli only followed by the shrimp mixture.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes. Let it cool, add 1 more tbsp. of parmesan cheese over the whole dish, and serve atop whole grain of choice and a side of fruit.
For more easy recipes see Maryann’s book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love