This recipe comes from my friend Jenny. Her 3-year-old loved this dish! She admits he didn’t go for the green parts of the bok choy but dug into the white crunchy pieces. She put the green onions on the side for her and her husband (I included them because this is part of my lunch today).
I don’t cook with bok choy but got some for this salad as well as for a stir fry I’m making tonight. It’s rich in vitamins A, C, and K and loaded with antioxidants. This salad has a really wonderful flavor and is perfect as a side dish or a snack.
- ½ head bok choy, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 red apple, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the bok choy, apple, and scallions with the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.