I got this meal idea from one of Super Healthy Kid’s Daily Dinners on facebook. The meal Amy posted was chicken, pasta, and veggies made with a homemade white sauce. I looked up “homemade white pasta sauce” and it looked so easy I gave it a try.
I cooked the whole wheat pasta ahead of time and used frozen veggies and leftover chicken breast so I was able to put this meal together in under 15 minutes!
It was really good and the kids liked the creamy pasta. I served it with bread and fruit. The perfect summer meal.
Have a great weekend!
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry pasta
- 1-2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
- 1 package frozen veggies of choice
- 1 cup milk (used 2%)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- -parmesan cheese (optional)
- Follow directions on the package and cook the pasta. Heat up the chicken and cook the frozen veggies in the microwave.
- In saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, garlic powder (or any other spice you prefer), salt and dash pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.