It’s my birthday today! So instead of sharing my meal plan, which is limited this week with the festivities, I thought I’d share this new salmon recipe I tried last week.
Salmon is our favorite fish dish around here. When I first saw this recipe from Kraft, I knew I had to try it. It was soooo good! My husband and son ate it up and my daughter who doesn’t eat salmon (yet) liked picking at the mushrooms while she ate the mac and cheese. Yes, I often make this dish with mac and cheese (whole grain). It’s the ultimate compromise.
Instead of using the dressing the recipe calls for, I used a marinade I adapted from All Recipes.
If you try it let me know how it turned out. Happy Monday!
- 1-1.5 pound salmon
- 2-3 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS lemon juice (fresh is better)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tomato chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a small dish and set aside.
- Chop/slice tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms and then mix together in a bowl.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with canola/olive oil spray and place fish skin down. Spoon marinade over fish and then top with veggies.
- Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.