I kind of forgot about this burrito recipe my friend shared with me years ago. We usually do the make-your-own kind, but this one is super tasty and very quick. My husband prefers these.
I left the sauce off a couple of small ones to give the kids two options. My 14-month old ate both kinds and my daughter had mostly the tortilla and cheese part of the burrito along with the guacamole I served with it. She’s into tortillas right now.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 28 oz can green chile enchilada sauce (or 2 small ones)
- Large flour tortillas (whole wheat optional)
- Grated jack or cheddar cheese for topping (as much as you want!)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Spray fry pan with cooking spray and brown turkey or beef. Add diced onion, garlic and spices. Simmer until well done. Add can of pinto beans and stir.
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture and fold into a burrito. Place in a casserole dish.
- Cover with green sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.