One of the moms in my daughter’s playgroup shared this slow cooker veggie lasagna recipe. She got it from a magazine 5 years ago and now it’s a family favorite.
I was thrilled because the veggie lasagna I used to make is tasty but time-consuming. I really think I like this one better. It’s pretty amazing actually.
I started the prep work at 2:45 pm and turned the slow cooker on at 3:08. But I’m pretty slow so you probably could get it done in 15 minutes. The only downside is it’s in the slow cooker for 3 hours so it might not work for a workday. I think it’s perfect for a Saturday or Sunday or an at-home weekday.
Directions (with pictures)
Remove ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir the remaining ½ teaspoon salt into zucchini.
Spray Crock-Pot with cooking spray.
Repeat with a second layer (2 noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture, 1 cup shredded zucchini, and 2/3 cup marinara sauce).
Add a third layer of noodles and top with the remaining cheese mixture and zucchini only.
- 8-ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded and firmly packed
- 26-ounce jar roasted garlic marinara sauce
- 8-10 regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- Remove 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside. In a bowl, combine remaining mozzarella, ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook carrots in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir into cheese mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir remaining ½ teaspoon salt into zucchini. Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray. Spread ⅓ sauce on
bottom. Gently break 2 noodles to fill and cover bottom.
- Spread 1 cup cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with 1 cup shredded zucchini. Top with ⅔ cup marinara sauce. Repeat with a second layer (2 noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture, 1 cup shredded zucchini
and⅔ cup marinara sauce).
- Add a third layer of noodles and top with the remaining cheese mixture and zucchini only. Top with noodles and remaining marinara sauce, then sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cook on High for 3 hours. Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
For more family-friendly recipes, Check out my book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love