When Real Simple asked me to blog about one of their simple, Month of Dinners, I jumped at the chance. These Ham and Mozzarella Melts with Spinach was made in less than 20 minutes!
I’m so glad I chose this meal the night I did because I got the dreaded call from my husband saying he was working late. I already worked that day and was helping Big A with her homework, while taming Little D’s meltdown (from no nap) and trying to figure out how I was also going to bathe these kids and get them to bed at a decent time.
This meal was perfect (I also served with some red grapes). The kids loved it and it was super low stress.
Don’t miss the other bloggers and the super simple meals they tried out. You can catch Monday’s meal on Simply Stated, Month of Dinners. For quick lunch ideas, go here.
Thanks, Real Simple!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches flat-leaf spinach, stems discarded (about 16 cups)
- 2 large ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 ounces sliced deli ham
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and as much spinach as will fit. Cook, tossing and adding more spinach when there is room, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the rolls split-side up on a foil-lined large broiler-proof baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top with the ham, tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Broil until the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the spinach.
Thanks for the recipe. I have some picky eaters in my family but this seems like something they would like.