I’m so glad I chose this meal the night I did because I got the dreaded call from my husband saying he was working late. I already worked that day and was helping Big A with her homework, while taming Little D’s meltdown (from no nap) and trying to figure out how I was also going to bathe these kids and get them to bed at a decent time.
This meal was perfect (I also served with some red grapes). The kids loved it and it was super low stress.
Thanks, Real Simple!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches flat-leaf spinach, stems discarded (about 16 cups)
- 2 large ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 ounces sliced deli ham
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and as much spinach as will fit. Cook, tossing and adding more spinach when there is room, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the rolls split-side up on a foil-lined large broiler-proof baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top with the ham, tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Broil until the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the spinach.