Where have I been? Have zucchini fries been around and I just didn’t notice?
These turned out amazing. While my almost 4-year old refused to try them, my 17-month-old gobbled them up (and I did too!).
The zucchini turned out really crispy and tasted even better dipped in ketchup. It makes the perfect afternoon snack for kids. It also is great to try with sandwiches or any meal.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- 3 zucchini cut into small wedges or matchsticks (see Estela's recipe)
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS milk
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut zucchini into small wedges or sticks. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Dunk the zucchini into the egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture and place on foil-lined pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender.