I went through many versions of pollo asado bowl before sticking with this recipe. I used to make it in the slow cooker but we burned out on that pretty quick.
This pollo asado bowl recipe started out as something for grill night, which works great. But soon I discovered I can cook it in the oven and it turns out nice and juicy. I often double the recipe to have chicken bowls all week.
Anyone else making something like this?
- 1 -1.2 pounds chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning mix
- ½ tsp salt
- Taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. If you have big chicken breasts, slice to make more thin.
- Add the marinade ingredients (all but chicken) in a small bowl and combine with the chicken in a big ziplock bag.
- Mix until the marinade covers all the chicken. Put in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper, and add the chicken.
- Bake at 400F for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165F.
For more easy dinner ideas, check out Maryann’s book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love