I love roasted veggies but just haven’t gotten around to trying cauliflower until now. And what a mistake that’s been. Roasting cauliflower is not only easy but mouth-watering!
I really liked that this recipe used a bag to blend the olive oil and garlic. I kind of threw it around like it was pizza dough. It made the coat more even and it turned out great.
I’d love to say my kids ate this up but they didn’t even give it a try. But my husband and I devoured it. Don’t be fooled by its white color. Cauliflower is packed with nutrition — vitamins C, K and B6, folate and potassium.
Any roasted cauliflower fans out there?
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes and stir halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes ( until golden brown).
For more easy recipes and tips on how to serve meals to kids, check out Maryann’s book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love