This almost seems to easy to post but I love those types of recipes. I made this Tuesday with our favorite pasta and have been enjoying the fruits of my labor all week. It was adapted from this Food Network recipe.
I used leftovers for flatbread pizza for a quickie lunch (pesto instead of pizza sauce — very good) and we had the rest with dinner last night. I will definitely be making this all summer long.
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 2 yellow squash sliced
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- ½ - 1 red onion thinly sliced (depending on how much you like)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut all the veggies and place in a large plastic Ziploc bag (if it's a workday do this the night before). Add Italian seasoning and oil and toss around until everything is mixed.
- Place on a heavy large baking sheet and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese before eating.
For more easy recipes and tips on how to serve meals to kids, check out Maryann’s book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love
Leave a Reply