When I first started cooking, I experimented with roasting veggies and quickly became hooked. I like making a huge batch for dinner and then using the leftovers all week putting some in packed lunches, pasta dishes, or scrambled eggs.
Lately, I’ve been making this colorful combo of veggies I found on My Recipes. The original recipe calls for eggplant which I don’t add but I’m sure it would be great. When roasting, I have found not skimping on the oil is key. Also, I try to cut veggies somewhat uniformly so they cook evenly. Happy Friday!
What is your favorite vegetable (or combo of veggies) to roast?
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small or ½ large onion, cut into fourths and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped or 1 tsp dried
- ¼ to ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the vegetables and place in a medium bowl.
- Add oil, rosemary, salt and pepper to the veggies and mix well.
- Place on a large roasting pan and cook for about 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
For more easy recipes and tips on how to serve meals to kids, check out Maryann’s book The Family Dinner Solution: How to Create a Rotation of Dinner Meals Your Family Will Love