My husband and I went to a party this past Memorial Day. Everyone brought a dish and I immediately went for the bean salad. Later on, I discovered it was a Trader Joe’s creation. If you regularly shop at Trader Joe’s, you know they’re always featuring an easy recipe to taste.
So the next morning when I went shopping at Trader Joe’s, the exact same bean salad was being featured for tasting. It was a sign!
Needless to say, I’ve been making this dish all summer long. It’s perfect to take to a potluck. Just rinse the beans and chop the cilantro ahead of time. Then, when it’s time to go, add the rest of the ingredients. It’s easy, tasty and filling. I will be making it for lunches this fall, too.
If you’re a Trader Joe fan, what’s your favorite TJ recipe?
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinses and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar corn chili salsa
- 1 tub tomatillo fresh salsa
- ½ bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- In a large bowl add the beans, and salsas and stir well.
- Add the cilantro and avocado.
- Chil before serving.