I’ve been working on side dishes for my dinner rotation. I’m trying to ensure I have a variety of veggies and seem to be short on green been and mushroom dishes. So when strategizing I thought of this Green Bean and Mushroom Medley from All Recipes I usually make for Thanksgiving. I made some modifications like decreasing the portion for our family of four and using olive oil instead of butter. It turned out fabulous!
If the kids are skittish about the onions, try removing the rest of the veggies and putting them on a small plate for chomping. Personally, I think the onion is what makes this dish. I just really love the combo of flavors.
I hope you had a great Memorial Day!
- 2 cups green beans, washed and cut
- 2 large carrots cut into strips
- 2 cups mushrooms
- Half of an onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- Steam green beans and carrots until tender but firm.
- In a medium pot, saute mushrooms and onions in the olive oil until tender. Reduce heat and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, carrots, salt, garlic powder and white pepper. Cover, and cook on low, for 5 more minutes.